Undergraduate Degree, Institut Teknologi Bandung, 1989
Doctoral Degree, Durham University, U.K., 1995
Post Doctoral (visiting researcher), University of Twente, Netherlands, 2003-2004
Nanophotonics (theory and modelling)
1. G.W. Putra Data, A.A. Iskandar and M.O.Tjia, Numerical study of anomalous TE-polarized light scattering by metallic nanowires using realistic data, J. of Nonlin. Opt. Phys. and Mat. 23(1) (2014), 1450005.
2. B.S. Nugroho, A.A. Iskandar, V.A. Malyshev and J. Knoester, Bistable optical response of a nanoparticle heterodimer: Mechanism, phase diagram, and switching time, J. Chem. Phys. 139 (2013) 014303.
3. R.N.S. Suryadharma, A.A. Iskandar and M.O.Tjia, Overlapping TE and TM Band Gaps in Square Lattice Photonic Crystal of Hollow Dielectric Rods, J. of Nonlin. Opt. Phys. and Mat. 21(1) (2012), 1250008.
4. H. Alatas, A.A. Iskandar and M.O. Tjia, Structure Dependent Variations of Group Velocity, Energy Loss and Confinement in a Regular Grated Waveguide, J. of Nonlin. Opt. Phys. and Mat. 21(1) (2012), 1250009.
5. A. Putra, A.A. Iskandar and M.O. Tjia, Performance Enhancement of Single Defect Microcavity and Related Localization of Evanescent Bloch Waves, Phys. Rev. B84 (2011) 075159.
6. H. Alatas, H.J.W.M. Hoekstra, A.A. Iskandar and M.O. Tjia, Group-Index and Resonant Field Enhancement in Symmetric Double-Sided Grated Waveguide, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A28 (2011) 1197.
7. H. Alatas, A.A. Iskandar, H.J.W.M. Hoekstra and M.O. Tjia, Performance changes of a grated waveguide at resonance wavelengths next to its band-edges due to modified edge sections, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B27 (2010) 2743.
8. I. Karnadi, A.A. Iskandar, M.O. Tjia, Analysis of Ag-Superlens Performances using Spatial Convolution Formulation, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A27 (2010) 268.
9. H. Alatas, A.A. Iskandar, M.O. Tjia, Tailoring spatial soliton characteristics and its dynamical behaviors in nonlinear reflection gratings, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B27 (2010) 238.
10. H. Alatas, A.A. Kandi, A.A. Iskandar, M.O. Tjia, New Class of Bright Spatial Solitons obtained by Hirota’s Method from Generalized Coupled Mode Equations of Nonlinear Optical Bragg Grating, J. of Nonlin. Opt. Phys. and Mat. 17 (2008) 225.
11. Muldarisnur, A. Soehianie, A.A. Iskandar and M.O. Tjia, Analysis of Asymmetric Bragg Coupler Based Optical Add-Drop Multiplexer Operating on certain Phase Matching Conditions, Journ. of Appl. Phys. 103 (2008) 123110.
1. Principal Investigator, Surface Plasmon Resonance in Electromagnetic Wave Scattering on Nano Structure, funded by the Decentralization Research Grant of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
2. Principal Investigator, Substrate Effects on Surface Plasmon Resonance of Metallic Nanoparticles, funded by the Research and Innovation Grant of Institut Teknologi Bandung.
1. Principal Investigator, Dynamic Optical Response of a Metal Nano Particle – Semiconductor Quantum Dot Hybrid System, funded by the Research and Innovation Grant of Institut Teknologi Bandung.
1. Principal Investigator, Hybrid Metal-Dielectric Photonic Crystal Systems, funded by the Decentralization Research Grant of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
2. Principal Investigator, Complete Photonic Bandgap in 2D Photonic Crystals, funded by the Research and Innovation Grant of Institut Teknologi Bandung.
3. Visiting Scientist at the Condensed Matter Theory Group of Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, for joint supervision (with Prof. Dr. Jasper Knoester) of Mr. Bintoro S. Nugroho.
1. Principal Investigator, Analysis of Optical Properties of Hybrid Semiconductor – Metal Nano Particle, funded by the Asahi Glass Foundation.
1. Research Team Member, Development of Quantitative Evaluation Method for Subwavelength Imaging using Silver-Superlens (Principal Investigator : A. Soehianie), funded by the Capacity Enhancement Research Grant Institut Teknologi Bandung.
2. Visiting Scientist at the Integrated Optical Micro System Group of MESA+ Research Institute at the University of Twente, the Netherlands, conducting a joint research under the auspies of SPIN KNAW Postdoc of Dr. Husin Alatas on a research topic of Density of optical states modeling of highly resonant Photonic Crystal based cavities, funded by the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW).
1. Principal Investigator, Study and Modeling of Nano Photonic Devices based on Photonic Crystals and Surface Plasmon Waveguide, funded by the Competence Research grant from the Ministry of National Education of Indonesia.