ITB Physics Teaching Program was first founded in 2006 to improve the quality of senior high school (SMA/MA) and junior high school (SMP/MTs) teachers. The master’s program was accredited by BAN PT in 2011.
We aspire to educate graduates who possess the following qualities:
- An active and successful teacher and/professional in physics education.
- Ability to continue to higher education and finish it with excellent results.
- A role model and a pioneer who leads people towards quality and distinguished education.
- Ability to communicate physical aspects to physical education community.
The graduate is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Ability of lifelong learning and adoption of an appropriate educator’s moral standards in looking for the ultimate truth. Acquirement of open-mindedness and honesty.
- Ability to think logically and systematically to formulate and solve problems and to be aware of what people and nature need.
- Excellent comprehension of the basic concepts and principles of physics.
- Ability to follow the state-of-the-art progress in methods and technology used in teaching physics.
- Ability to develop original, effective and engaging methods and technology in physics teaching.
- Ability to work individually and be a good team player.